- One of the last Delages produced
- Lovely original interior
- Six-cylinder 3-litre engine
This Delage D6 has a body built by Autobineau. Contrary to the trend at the time, it avoids the rigid and enormous " ponton ", and retains elegantly shaped wings. According to the vendor, it is thought this car was bought new by a haulier from Orl‚ans. From there it passed into the hands of Monsieur Garino, a former deputy mayor of Puteaux, and was bought by the current owner in 2010. It has been re-painted in the past and displays a lovely patinated sheen. The original blue leather upholstery is in superb condition and the matching carpets have been replaced. The original 3-litre six-cylinder engine with triple carburettors was rebuilt by the previous owner and is in good working order. The clutch and tyres were replaced more recently, brakes overhauled and the chrome on the bumpers will be restored before the sale. In addition to the luxurious level of finish in keeping with a car of this standing, the car also features a sunroof, radio, a heater and period extinguisher. Coming with its cover, this is one of the last Delages built, before production ceased in 1954. It is rare to come across such a model, particularly one that conforms to the original, with a patina reflecting its high build quality.