Collectors' French title Engine # 9F-SA-Y/44439 - Matching numbers - Superb recent restoration Designed by the creative genius Alec Issigonis, the famous Mini was originally marketed under two different brand names: Austin and Morris. The Cooper version appeared in 1961, owing its name to the engine tuning by John Cooper, who had won the World Championship with his Formula 1 cars in 1959 and 1960. The car on offer was built on 17 January 1967, as shown on the factory certificate. It is fresh from a complete restoration carried out by the specialist Mini garage Perrin in Clichy, when it was painted in the original colour scheme of tartan red with black roof. The body was stripped back to bare metal and all oxidised parts meticulously replaced with new ones. The seals and chrome work on the body were replaced or refurbished. All the opening parts are very well aligned. Apart from the door bins and carpets, the original is entirely original. The sub-frames were sanded and repainted in Epoxy. According to the owner, the car has covered just 37,000 miles from new and a large file of invoices dating back to 1985 is included. The engine has been comprehensively serviced, which has included rectifying the cylinder head and the fitting of large valves. The water and fuel pumps and the clutch have been replaced, and an anti-vibration crankshaft pulley and aluminium oil cooler have been installed. It has new brakes and new Dunlop SP4 tyres. On the dashboard, a very rare Smiths rev counter (to be serviced) was installed in period, and the car also has period Britax inertia-reel safety belts.