"The Austin-Healey 100 was built between 1953 and 1956 by the British Motor Corporation. It was developed by Donald Healey to be produced in-house by Healey's small car company in Warwick using the Austin A90 Atlantic mechanics. Healey built a single 'Healey Hundred' for the 1952 London Motor Show and the design impressed Leonard Lord, Managing Director of Austin, so much that a deal was struck with Healey to build it in quantity at Austin's Longbridge factory. The car was re-named the Austin-Healey 100. The first 100's (series 'BN1') were equipped with the same 90bhp engines and manual transmission as the Austin A90 but the gearbox was modified to be a three-speed unit with overdrive on second and top. The BN2 came with a real four speed manual transmission, still with overdrive on the top two gears. Features which distinguish the BN2 from the BN1 are the slightly larger front wheel arches, different rear axle and being the first 100 with optional two-tone paint. In 1955, a 100M model was developed as well, with larger carburettors, a cold air box to increase air flow to the carburettors, high-lift camshaft and 8.1:1 compression pistons. It produced 110bhp at 4500rpm. The front suspension was stiffened and the bonnet gained louvres, along with a bonnet strap. There were 640 factory built 100Ms, all BN2 series cars, and most of the cars (approximately 70%) were finished with a two-tone paint scheme. The 100M components (except for the high compression pistons) were also available as the Le Mans Engine Modification Kit, which could be installed in either a BN1 or BN2 with the engine in situ, improving the power output to approximately 100bhp at 4500 rpm. The Le Mans kit and its component parts could be ordered from BMC so cars were modified by Austin dealers and private owners. This Healey 100/4 was supplied new to the USA where it was converted to ’M’ specification by the suppling dealer using the Healey factory supplied Le Mans kit, including the correct factory steel bonnet. Later purchased in 2002 as a restoration project but missing the original engine, the car was imported to the UK and has been subject to a complete restoration returning it back to ‘M’ specification and converting it to righthand drive. A replacement engine was acquired and completely rebuilt by Healey specialist Richard Parker and married to a BMW Getrag five speed gearbox. The restoration was done over a long period of time at a cost of £85,000. The car has only covered about 1500 miles since being completed, so it would be advised that the engine is still running in. Finished in red with black insert and black interior, this 100/4 M is supplied with a V5C registration document and a file containing various documents. Eligible for a host of classic events including the Mille Miglia, this is a rare opportunity to acquire a very good and useable 100/4 M which would be ideal for local or international classic car events."