The 6C Series cars were the last Alfa Romeos capable of bringing some of the prewar handbuilt glamour and feel into the modern postwar age. Always a step above the rest, they still remind us of the golden age of motoring. This example is one of only 279 examples built with 5-seater Tourismo factory coachwork. Its first owner was the Bruggmühle Goldach, where the car was most probably used to transport members of the management. In the early fifties, Alfa Romeo specialist and race mechanic Bruno Picco bought the 6C, only to pass it on in 1952 to his friend and owner of a well-known body shop, Emil Sahli near Zurich. He in turn did not hesitate to remove the aged black paint and replace it with a fashionable and dashing green metallic. Sahli then used the elegant car for Sunday family outings and one of his longer trips took him, his sons and Bruno Picco to the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Monza. When Sahli bought a camping trailer, he needed a suitable car to pull it and the 6C had to go. It was bought by his friend, the caretaker at the National Museum in Zurich, Walter Nyffeler. This gentleman, nearly 2 meters tall and weighing the better part of 100 kg never really felt comfortable in the car, so it was sold again after a few years to its next owner. Here, unfortunately the trace goes cold for a number of years. The current owner bought the car, with only three previously owners recorded, in 1978. From 1988 to 1991 he had the 6C comprehensively restored and repainted in the current Alfa red. The restoration records and photographs are available. Boasting a matching numbers engine, this splendid saloon is in excellent condition. A further, not inconsiderable bonus is the eligibility to enter the car in the historic Mille Miglia! The last Swiss MOT (with veteran code of course) was completed in July 2017.