• Offered by an important private collection
• Equipped with its original Milan plates
• Beautiful example of Italian granturismo of the golden years
• Classic and elegant aluminium bodywork from Milan’s Touring
• ASI and FIVA certified
Alfa Romeo 1900 was the model for the rebirth of post-war Alfa Romeo, which marked the company's transition from artisan to industrial production. Presented in 1950 as a saloon car and powered by a new 90 hp twin-shaft 4-cylinder engine, it immediately became a car able to combine high technological content with fuel consumption and high levels of performance. Conceived around a new load-bearing body, the 1900 was the first large production Alfa Romeo built on an assembly line. The great performance and success in racing, combined with a classic and elegant line, made the 1900 a successful car from the start.
Aiming at expanding the range, in 1951, Alfa Romeo introduced the Sprint version, mounted on the shortened chassis of the saloon and powered by a 100 hp engine. In order to reduce costs and differentiate production, Alfa Romeo delegated the bodywork to the numerous coachbuilders who, over the years, produced real unique pieces. In particular, Alfa Romeo appointed Touring workshop in Milan for the production of its mass-produced coupés: produced using artisan techniques, the Sprints fitted by Touring stood out for their superb elegance and superior performance.
With the arrival of the 1900 Super in 1954, the Sprint was updated in 1955 with the presentation of the Super Sprint. Equipped with a new engine with a dynamic 110 horsepower air intake, it became one of the benchmark cars in 2-liter Gran Turismo.
Known as the "Giuliettona" because of its similarity to Pininfarina's contemporary production, the Touring's 3rd series of the 1900 C SS distinguished itself from previous series by its sleek, taut lines and breaking with the past.
This beautiful 3rd series Super Sprint is one of the first products. Part of an important collection of historic cars, this model was restored more than 20 years ago and repainted in Bleu Cobalt with beige leather interior.
According to its original registration documents, the car was probably delivered new in the province of Pavia and sold in 1960 to an enthusiast living in the province of Milan. Restored prior to purchase by the current owner, this Super Sprint has been used regularly in past years for exclusive gatherings and events and is in a preserved state of restoration. It has been undergoing a few years of downtime and in need of a mechanical revision, it will surely allow its new owner to relive the emotions of the past.