About Classic Driver
Classic Driver is one of the world’s most popular and influential channels for collector car culture. Millions of passionate and dedicated readers, enthusiasts and collectors from around the world browse our curated marketplace, read our influential magazine and follow our fast-paced social media channels in order to discover and buy the world’s most beautiful automobiles, as well as vintage motorcycles, elegant yachts, rare watches, sought-after collectables, and luxury homes. craftsmanship, and heritage, Classic Driver also caters to the growing global demand for tangible assets and alternative investments. Our headquarters are located in Zurich and London.
Job offer / Staff Editor
You love classic and modern collector cars more than anything else and boast an encyclopedic knowledge of them? You’re a gifted writer with a nose for exciting stories with surprising twists? Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube are your natural habitats, and you know the trending topics and most influential accounts like the back of your hand? You enjoy working remotely with an international team. You have a great eye for photography and visual compositions? You’re a born multitasker who relishes working in the fast-paced environment of online publishing with tight deadlines, managing multiple tasks at once and quickly reacting to incoming news? If the answer to all the above questions is an emphatic ‘yes!’, then we might have a job for you…
Classic Driver / www.classicdriver.com
Immediately / To be agreed
Date of job offer
Duties and responsibilities
As a Staff Editor, you support the editorial team in producing and coordinating the day-to-day output of Classic Driver’s magazine, social media channels and newsletters. Working together with our experienced team in London and Zurich, you will plan, schedule, produce, layout, proof and publish short news as well as in-depth feature stories. Our ‘Editorial Schedule’ is your bible and what your working day revolves around, ensuring articles are well written, laid out, sub-edited, translated – signed off by client where required – and scheduled to go live on our website and social media channels.
You closely follow the collector car scene and develop new ideas on a daily basis. On your search for new and exciting content, you constantly browse the Classic Driver Market and look out for the most interesting, rare and unusual cars for sale. You will research both online and offline and conduct interviews for features. You work closely with our global freelancer network of renowned and talented writers, photographers, translators and sub-editors. In collaboration with the Classic Driver sales team, you will liaise directly with clients from leading car and luxury brands, auction houses and traders to make sure all sponsored content is flawless and published on time.
With a focus on writing, layouting, scheduling, posting and dealing with day-to-day administration tasks, the role of Staff Editor will predominantly be desk-based. Being well-organized and in control of all the moving parts of the Classic Driver engine is key to the success of this position. There is however opportunity to grow long-term – and further develop the Classic Driver brand and grow your own experience and reputation along the way. Once the fundamental requirements can be sufficiently managed, more creative opportunities can be explored.
Skills and qualifications
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
· An undying passion for and knowledge of classic cars and the collector car scene
· Excellent written English skills for writing and proof-reading articles
· A sharp sense for style and visual aesthetics for content curation
· A broad interest in culture and lifestyle topics – e.g. art, design, architecture, watches, yachts
· A deep understanding of the mechanisms of Instagram and similar social media channels
· Advanced experience in automotive journalism, digital publishing and visual storytelling
· A competitive spirit and high expectations on the quality of your own work
· Razor-sharp attention to detail
· A talent for multi-tasking and willingness to work remotely within the fast-paced, high pressure environment of the digital production process
· Familiarity with Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop
· Degree-level education in Journalism, English or another relevant subject
· A keen desire to identify with Classic Driver, become an essential part of the brand and help develop it even further
If you are qualified to join the Classic Driver editorial team, send an email to [email protected] and let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for the job. A CV would be useful as well.