Ferrari, Publisher Taschen, Design Marc Newson
- TypBooks & Magazines
2018 FERRARI ART EDITION BOOK N 171/250
- 1 of only 250 examples made
- Priced at € 50.000,- at the Taschen website and completely sold out
- Presented in a stunning sculpture of a handmade 12 cylinder motor in chrome steel designed by the renowned designer Marc Newson
- Every year Mr. Newson races one of his classic sports cars in the Italian Mille Miglia and he was the designer and creator of the Mille Miglia 2018’s and 2019’s trophies and medals and his work has become amongst the highest selling in auctions
- In April 2015 his Lockheed Lounge chair was sold at auction for £ 2.4 million GBP, making it the most expensive object ever sold by a living designer
- This stunning piece of art and Ferrari history is brand new. It has never been taken out of it’s original wooden crate.
“ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC AND SIGNIFICANT ENGINES WAS THE FAMED V12 250 ENGINE. THIS PARTICULAR ENGINE BECAME MY IMMEDIATE SOURCE OF INSPIRATION” Marc Newson
Few are the men and brands that have come to define a century. For seven decades and counting, the Italian powerhouse founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1947 has made an indelible red mark on popular culture and enraptured fans and collectors across the globe.
Synonymous with beauty, excellence, and unmatched desirability, the desirability of the Ferrari brand remains unparalleled.
In 2018, the Italian automaker celebrated with a monumental limited edition publication. The Art Edition of the Ferrari book — numbers 1 to 250 —is literally a work of art in every aspect, it is presented in a stunning sculpture of a handmade 12 cylinder motor in chrome steel designed by the renowned designer Marc Newson.
Every year Marc Newson races one of his classic sports cars in the Italian Mille Miglia and he was the designer and creator of the Mille Miglia 2018’s and 2019’s trophies and medals and his work has become amongst the highest selling in auctions.
In April 2015 for example his Lockheed Lounge chair was sold at auction for £ 2.4 million GBP, making it the most expensive object ever sold by a living designer.
To compile the epic tome, publishers Taschen worked in close collaboration with Ferrari to create a true collector’s item.
Penned by Italian writer and journalist Pino Allievi for Taschen, Ferrari, Art Edition is a 514-page book that uses Allievi’s words and hundreds of rare photos to tell and show the story of where the iconic Italian marque came from and where it is going.
According to Taschen, Allievi was given unprecedented access to the Maranello archives and has pulled together hundreds of previously unseen photographs, drawings, sketches, and documents.
Unparalleled in scale, the book features exclusive content from the company’s archives and private collections around the world, bringing together hundreds of unseen photographs and documents to reveal the stories behind Ferrari’s race victories, its protagonists, and its legacy.
The limited edition publication contains original documents of famed Ferrari drivers and a never-before-seen appendix gathering all of its race victories since 1947.
ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC EXAMPLE
This example is number 171 of 250 examples made. This stunning piece of art and Ferrari history is presented in brand new condition, remaining in its crate having never been opened.
The information provided on this website has been compiled by The Houtkamp Collection with the utmost care. The information contained within this advert is provided ‘as-is’, without warranties as to its accuracy whether expressed or implied and is intended for informational purposes only. The Houtkamp Collection is not liable for any errors or mistakes.