"The Standard Motor Company of Coventry announced the Vanguard model in 1947. Designed by Walter Belgrave on American lines it was completely new and had no resemblance to any previous models. In the immediate post war years the name of the car recalled the Royal Navy’s battleship HMS Vanguard. It was the first car from the Midlands manufacturer to carry an all new badge which depicted the wings of a Griffin.
This Vanguard is part of a deceased collectors estate and has been on display in a museum for the last 16 years. This pleasant looking car is MoT test exempt, and we are informed runs and drives. The car will however require mechanical attention to be completely roadworthy. This Vanguard is offered to auction with a V5C registration document and without reserve. "