• Baujahr 
    1970
  • Automobiltyp 
    Other
  • Losnummer 
    9
  • Lenkung 
    LHD
  • Zustand 
    Used
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Other

Beschreibung

Jointly developed, manufactured, and marketed by Porsche and Volkswagen, the 914 was intended as the replacement for both the 912 and Karmann Ghia. Introduced in 1969, the well-balanced and surprisingly spacious Targa-topped roadster was equipped with an all-independent suspension and five-speed gearbox as standard equipment.

While the majority of the 115,000 Porsche 914s built from 1969 to 1976 were powered by a four-cylinder engine, this particular car is one of only approximately 3,300 914/6 models built by Porsche and fitted with the 2.0-liter flat six-cylinder engine from the 911 T, producing 110 hp. This 1970 914/6 is finished in lovely Signal Orange over a black leatherette interior and is equipped with Fuchs wheels, chrome bumpers, passenger-side footrest, and front fog lamps. Presented in very original condition throughout with the exception of a repaint in its original hue, it presents well.

Formerly part of Tommy Trabue’s notable collection for 13 years, this Porsche benefited from consistent care in his possession as evidenced by maintenance receipts on file. After the consignor’s purchase of the car in 2020, the 914/6 was taken to a noted California-based Porsche specialist for a thorough inspection, and the resulting report is on file. The Porsche is accompanied by its tools, keys, jack, and spare tire.

Arguably more balanced to drive than its contemporary 911 sibling, 914/6 models, like this fine example, are increasingly sought-after collectibles.


Gooding & Company
1517 20th Street
Santa Monica  90404  Kalifornien
Vereinigte Staaten
Contact Person Kontaktperson
Titel 
Herr
Vorname 
Charles
Nachname 
Blonigan

Telefonnummer 
+1 (310) 899-1960