- Panoramique version
- Luxury sedan
- Smooth and silent motor
The Panhard & Levassor CS is a luxury car most often bodied as a 4-door sedan but also available as a coupe and convertible. Designed by Louis Bionier, they are recognizable by their vertical grille arched in its center, made of chrome slats, housing a "PL" logo framed by the letters SS for "Without Valves". Marketed from 1930 to 1938, it was presented as the small model of the 8-cylinder DS. The S refers to its lowered frame. It offers a 6-cylinder engine without valves of 2344 cm3 or 2516 cm3 for the CS Special. In 1932, the X68 type gave way to the X72 type. An “RL” version including a freewheel in the classic 4-speed gearbox also appeared that year. The body was updated in 1934 with the appearance of the Panoramic version for the X74 chassis. The latter is fitted with a 3-part windshield, characterized by small curved vertical windows on each side of the main window, thus promoting the view of the driver and passengers. Cars equipped with this system have the suffix "RL-N". This version will be produced until 1937. The CS will be gradually replaced by the elegant Dynamic presented in 1936 which will also take over this famous panoramic windshield.
The Six CS that we present is a sedan version with the panoramic windshield. Its black bodywork with gray stripes is paired with a pale green velor interior and cream headliner. Its restoration having been interrupted, some work will be expected.
Aguttes – Auction House in Paris
The Autumn Sale 2020 / 13th of December