- Limousine version
- Nice presentation
- Smooth and silent motor
The Panhard & Levassor CS is a luxury car most often bodied as a 4-door sedan but also available as a coupe and convertible. Designed by Louis Bionier, they are recognizable by their vertical grille arched in its center, made of chrome slats, housing a "PL" logo framed by the letters SS for "Without Valves". Marketed from 1930 to 1938, it was presented as the small model of the 8-cylinder DS. The S refers to its lowered frame. It offers a 6-cylinder engine without valves of 2344 cm3 or 2516 cm3 for the CS Special. In 1932, the X68 type gave way to the X72 type. An “RL” version including a freewheel in the classic 4-speed gearbox also appeared that year. The body was updated in 1934 with the appearance of the Panoramic version for the X74 chassis. The latter is fitted with a 3-part windshield, characterized by small curved vertical windows on each side of the main window, thus promoting the view of the driver and passengers. Cars equipped with this system have the suffix "RL-N". This version will be produced until 1937. The CS will be gradually replaced by the elegant Dynamic presented in 1936 which will also take over this famous panoramic windshield.
The CS that we present is equipped with a splendid black limousine bodywork with yellow piping. Put into circulation on April 5, 1931, this specimen received a complete restoration a few years ago. Inside, the upholstery features a pretty houndstooth pattern also featured on the folding seats. The elegant line of these Panhards was sublimated by the designs of Alexis Kow, to whom we owe almost all the brand's advertising at that time. Very well built, with an accomplished sense of detail, they were appreciated by a wealthy clientele. A simple restart will be necessary before being able to cross the departmental roads again at the wheel of this beautiful limousine.
Aguttes – Auction House in Paris
The Autumn Sale 2020 / 13th of December