By January 1961, the Morris Minor had sold one million units to become the UK's most successful post-war car to date. By then it had undergone a number of detail alterations: in place of the original's 918cc sidevalve engine there was an overhead-valve unit of 948cc, the latter driving through an improved gearbox; the styling too had been revised, the headlamps moving from the radiator grille to the wings on the Series II, and the split front screen being superseded by a curved one-piece windscreen on the Minor 1000. Semaphore trafficators would soon give way to flashing indicators, and shortly after that - in 1962 - the Minor received its final engine up-grade, to 1,098cc. Despite the many changes this final Minor remained recognisably the same car as the original that had debuted at the 1948 Motor Show.
A smart little car in regular use, this Minor Convertible has been extensively upgraded, boasting a 1,275cc engine, five-speed gearbox, up-rated suspension, alternator electrics, and front disc brakes, all of which improvements make it that much more useable than the standard model. Partly restored circa 2010, the car has been serviced annually by the vendor's local garage while his possession, the last occasion being immediately prior to sale, while new convertible hood was fitted some four years ago. Reluctantly sold as the owner is downsizing his collection, the car is offered with a V5C Registration Certificate.