1986 Morgan 4/4

Zusammenfassung

  • Baujahr 
    1986
  • Automobiltyp 
    Sonstige
  • Losnummer 
    212
  • Lenkung 
    Links
  • Zustand 
    Gebraucht
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Sonstige

Beschreibung

The Morgan 4/4 was the Morgan Motor Company's first car with four wheels, first appearing in 1936. Its model designation stood for four wheels and four cylinders. Prior to the 4/4, Morgans had been three-wheelers, only, typically with V-twin engines. Apart from a break during World War II the 4/4 has been in continuous production from its debut right up to the present day. Engine capacity has increased from the 1,122 cc Coventry Climax engine in 1936 to a 1.8-litre Ford engine in 2004, although it is currently back down to 1,595 cc.

This 1986 example shows just 4 previous owners and has clearly spent a much-loved life. The car has a superb history file with the previous two owners keeping a fastidious maintenance diary detailing work carried out and services undertaken on the vehicle. The car is showing 56,500 miles and from looking through the history file we can see that a new lightened and balanced 1900cc engine was fitted in 1995 by J. S. Engines around 10,000 miles ago.

The car has seen little use in the last 10 years covering approximately 1,000 miles a year but has been well maintained regardless. Morgan 4/4s are excellent usable classic cars and a true part of British motoring history with one of the longest production runs of any car ever built.