Zusammenfassung

  • Baujahr 
    1960
  • Automobiltyp 
    Sonstige
  • Losnummer 
    200
  • Lenkung 
    Rechts
  • Zustand 
    Gebraucht
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Sonstige
  • Getriebe 
    Schaltgetriebe

Beschreibung

"During 1951, MG’s chief designer Syd Enever built a streamlined coachwork to sit upon an MG TD chassis; the aim was for the car to compete at the Le Mans 24-hour race. The car was designated EX176 and would be the basis for a production sports car aimed, primarily, at the North American market.  This would be the replacement for the, now, aged MG TF series. Initially two prototypes were built but were rejected in favour of the Austin-Healey 100/4. Three prototype cars were built  to run in the 1955 Le Mans race under the prototype class without much success; one crashed and the other two came 12th and 17th overall. Falling sales of the TF model led to a production go ahead in September 1955 and so, the MGA was born. More than 100,000 examples were built in roadster, twin cam and coupé forms.
Presented in Tartan Red and contrasting biscuit trim, this delightful MGA Coupé was manufactured in 1960, delivered to Jersey in 1961 and subsequently repatriated to the UK in 1965. The car has a comprehensive history file back to nearly new with a detailed log of maintenance from 1965 including many invoices and notes, MoT certificates from 1978, details of import duty paid in '65, and a British Motoring Industry Heritage Trust Certificate confirming that this is a matching numbers example. There are also copies of road tests, advice on servicing and repair, an original Handbook and other material regarding the marque.  During the 1980s it received a comprehensive restoration to concours standard resulting with it being an MGOC concours winner at one stage. It remains in excellent order today, a testament to the standard of that restoration. Chrome wire wheels are fitted as is a wooden Mota-Lita steering wheel (the original is included), front auxiliary lights, a rear fog light, a stainless luggage rack and a badge bar. Being a Mk. I MGA, the car is fitted with a 1,588cc, four-cylinder engine with twin carburettors mated to a four speed gearbox with disc brakes to the front and drums to the rear. The last owner has had the car for 15 years and has kept up the meticulous maintenance program with the idea that it is always in 'ready to use' condition, whilst being kept within air-conditioned premises that results with this Coupé being presented in fine cosmetic and mechanical order.  We are informed that this coupé, with its more rigid body structure, is known to handle better than the roadster. With that in mind and its beautiful looks, this is a fabulous MGA that is begging to be used and enjoyed."