"When the MGA arrived in 1955, it must have come as quite a shock to MG aficionados who had become accustomed to the pre-war look of the company's sports cars. It was a complete departure in styling and its beautiful streamlined body was right up to the minute in terms of appearance. It was powered by a new engine; MG had decided that the old XPAG unit had had its day and so introduced a much more modern B-series engine that had made its debut in the recently announced Magnette saloon.
This delightful MGA was originally registered on 3rd March 1960 and has been owned by the current vendor for the last 42 years. When he purchased the car it was used as his daily mode of transport until the late 1990s when he put the car into storage. Restoration work was carried out in 2000/01 by the MG Improvement Centre in London, this included new steel wings fitted, a bare metal respray, new road springs, shock absorbers and brake parts including front discs. The engine was rebuilt and converted to run on unleaded fuel, at the same time she was transferred to negative earth and an alternator fitted. The mileage covered since the rebuild is approximately 5,500. Best described as a very genuine, perfectly useable example, this MGA is thought to have had only one previous keeper. A matching numbers example including the interesting registration plate of AF 128 which the vendor is leaving with the car as he sees this as an important feature in the MGA’s history; she is supplied with a V5C registration document and a history folder. Rarely do cars come on the market with such low ownership and interesting history as this example."