- Version Twin Cam
- Rare and powerful
- Careful and well documented restoration
Delivered new in New York, this car is one of 1,788 MGAs that received the famous Twin Cam DOHC engine, developing some 110bhp instead of 80 of the 'normal' 1600.
A small announcement of sale of this MGA, published in the 1980s in Hemmings Motor News, attracted the attention of the current owner, who acquired the car is a very poor state. After being repatriated to France in 1990, he began a complete restoration, which took six years of work. Once the restoration was completed, the owner entrusted the engine in 1996 to one of the best specialists in England, Bob West, for a complete renovation and various reliability improvements, including the installation of a second oil cooler. In a "British Racing Green" shade, this car features a complimenting beige leather upholstery and has covered approximately 11,500 km since its restoration. The car comes with a large set of documents (including the original ad!), invoices, and the complete restoration folder. A short drive allowed us to see the fine driving characteristics of the car. This is indeed a beautiful example of the rare Twin Cam, the most desirable of all MGAs. To see all the pictures: http://www.artcurial.com/fr/asp/fullcatalogue.asp?salelot=2870+++++169+&refno=10539787#sthash.UBIqzwhq.dpbs