Designed by Vittorio Jano, the Aurelia was launched in 1950 and production lasted until the summer of 1958.
The Aurelia used the first V6 engine, developed by Francesco de Virgilio who was, between 1943 and 1948 a Lancia engineer, and who worked under Jano. During production, capacity grew from 1.8 L to 2.5 L. Prototype engines used a bore and stroke of 68 mm x 72 mm for 1569 cc; these were tested between 1946 and 1948,
The very first Aurelias were the 10 berlinas (sedans) which used a 1754 cc version of the V6 which produced 56 hp (42 kW). The B20 was released in 1951 with a larger 1991 cc 70 hp (52 kW) engine. A 2-door B20 GT coupé appeared that same year. It had a shorter wheelbase and wad designed by Ghia with a Pininfarina built-body. The same 1991 cc engine produced 75 hp (56 kW) in the B20. In all, 500 first series Aurelias were produced. In 1954 a new engine was introduced with a capacity of 2451 cc.
Length : cm (in): 437 (172)
Width : cm (in): 155 (61)
Height : cm (in): 136 (53,5)
Wheelbase : cm (in) : 265 (104,3)
Weight: kg (lb) : 1133 (2498)
Displacement : V6 2451 cc (150 cu in), front-mounted