1954 Lancia Aurelia

Zusammenfassung

  • Baujahr 
    1954
  • Chassisnummer 
    B20-3329
  • Motornummer 
    3944
  • Losnummer 
    25
  • Zustand 
    Used
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Other

Beschreibung

1954 Fourth Series Lancia Aurelia B20 Coupe
Registration no. 105 XVD
Chassis no. B20-3329
Engine no. 3944

The background story to the creation and development of the Lancia Aurelia B20 Coupe has already been told in the Introduction to the Anthony MacLean Collection and the catalogue description of the First Series Aurelia Coupe "Gina."

The Fourth Series cars had the engine enlarged from 2 to 2.5 litres (a change made on the introduction of the Third Series) and the independent rear suspension was replaced by a de Dion set up, similar to that used on the successful D20 sports racing cars, making the car exceptionally stable at speed. Detailed styling changes included easier to read instruments, a black steering wheel, boot opening by pivoting the number plate light, push button door handles and tinted glass. In the words of Lancia authority Wim Oude Weernink in La Lancia "....Cloth upholstery was carefully styled to complement the door trim and handles, and dark paintwork , combined with tinted glass, gave this classic a touch of mystique." In many ways the Fourth Series cars with their elegant styling, increased torque and new rear suspension were the best compromise between the sporting and minimalist exuberance of the two litre cars and the comfortable but heavier and less lively Fifth and Sixth Series.

This car, supplied new in Italy, has benefitted from a complete mechanical, bodywork and trim restoration in 2015 by the well respected workshop of Gilberto Clerici in Como and other Italian specialists. Exceptionally handsome in its discreet but elegant original colour scheme of black paintwork, tinted glass and brown Lancia wool cloth interior, the car is the epitome of the restrained good taste for which Lancias were renowned.

The car has had a full check over by English specialists, Omicron Engineering Ltd, who balanced the prop shaft, fitted a new petrol tank, attended to various minor matters and described the car as "very nice and almost faultless".