- One owner till 2013
- Complete mechanical overhaul in 2013
- Very nice example
- Just 456 units made
The first true four-seater Lamborghini was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1968. Named Espada and designed by Marcello Gandini at Bertone, it was positioned between the 2 + 2 Islero and the already legendary Miura. It was at that time the fastest four-seater car in the world with 325 horses under the endless bonnet. In November 1969, the Espada Series II was launched, with modifications to the dashboard, better brakes and the max power went up to 350bhp. Presented at the Turin Salon in 1972, the Series III brought many improvements, including a very useful power steering in series production, a more conventional dashboard and new wheels. The Espada was produced at just 1224 units until the end of 1978, making it an exclusive, powerful and stylish car.
The first owner of this car was none other than Olivier Degara Jullian, a famous nightclub owner. He bought the car new from the importer in France and registered it in Andorra only on 9 November 1993. In 2010, he decided to redo all the mechanicals at P3 Automobiles, very good professionals in Cannes, before selling it to our Lamborghini collector. Engine, gearbox and rear axle were dismantled and rebuilt; air conditioning and brakes were overhauled. The car was repainted, but its splendid original black leather interior was kept as it was in a satisfactory condition. Only the carpets in the interior are new, as well as all the gaskets. When the car left P3 Automobiles in 2013 the counter showed 70,921 km and it now shows 74,321 km. This is an outstanding model to drive, the first four-seater reaching 300 km/h. This is a splendid specimen that we highly recommend. In terms of investment, the Espadas are still undervalued what with their spectacular design and amazing 4L V12 engines.