"Unveiled at the 1954 London Motor Show in October 1954 the Jaguar XK140 included numerous improvements over its predecessor, the landmark XK120. The styling was enhanced by a revised grille and larger bumpers along with new rear lights, which now incorporated the indicators. The power unit remained Jaguar's well-tried, 3.4-litre, twin-cam six, which now produced 190bhp in standard trim thanks to higher-lift camshafts and revised porting. A close-ratio gearbox enabled better use to be made of the increased performance whilst a Laycock de Normanville overdrive became an option for the first time. Special Equipment examples came with wire wheels and Lucas fog lamps and could be ordered with an engine developing 210bhp courtesy of the 'C'-type cylinder head. This left hand drive XK140 Roadster was delivered new to Jaguar Cars New York in 1957 and has more recently been repatriated to the UK. Upon its arrival the Jaguar was extensively restored including a bare metal respray, a refinish to the chromework, a retrimmed interior, and an extensive engine rebuild completed by Jaguar specialists. Offered in a wonderful colour combination of light metallic blue over a grey leather interior, the XK140 is presented in SE ‘Special Equipment’ specification. In showroom condition, the Jaguar is accompanied by a history file that contains a period XK140 spares catalogue, old MoT test certificates, copies from the Jaguar archives, detailed restoration invoices, and the current UK V5C registration document. A wonderfully presented example ready for a new custodian."