• Baujahr 
  • Automobiltyp 
  • Losnummer 
  • Referenznummer 
  • Lenkung 
    Lenkung rechts
  • Zustand 
  • Standort
    Vereinigtes Königreich
  • Außenfarbe 


At the 1950 British International Motor Show, Jaguar introduced the new Mark VII. The four-door luxury saloon was based on the Mark V that it replaced, but was powered by the more potent XK straight-six engine from the XK120 sports car. The Mark VII also had a restyled body with headlights integrated into the front fenders, a split windshield, and longer tail. A further enhanced version was launched in 1954 and the Mark VII was built through 1956. An unexpected sales success, nearly 31,000 examples were built.

Due to its size, the Mark VII was an unlikely competition car. Thanks to its powerful engine and slippery bodywork, its looks were deceiving as it was campaigned with considerable success in touring car events. As per the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate on file, this Mark VII was built in July 1955, and sold new to its first owner, Colonel B.J.D. Lunsden. It was finished in British Racing Green with suede green interior. Little is known about this Mark VII’s history until 2001, when invoices on file show that under current ownership, it was prepared for competition use by Pearsons Engineering Ltd. It was ready for the St. Mary’s Trophy at the 2001 Goodwood Revival where it was shared by the owner and Bob Tullius of Group 44 Jaguar fame. It was later also rally prepared, and competed in the Le Jog Touring Trial in 2009, among other events.

This outstanding Jaguar Mark VII represents an exciting opportunity for its next owner to participate in the historic car scene, whether in tours, rallies, or the world-famous Goodwood Revival.

*Please note that this vehicle has been in long-term static storage and may not be currently operational. It will require mechanical attention prior to road use.

Gooding & Company
1517 20th Street
Santa Monica  90404  Kalifornien
Vereinigte Staaten
Contact Person Kontaktperson
Gooding & Company

+1 (310) 899-1960