1950 Jaguar MK V
Zahl der Sitze2
Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden.
Property of a deceased's estate
1950 Jaguar Mark V 3½-Litre Saloon
Registration no. EVY 962
Chassis no. 623531
'Everything about it, the feel of it, the way it goes, the way it sounds and the way it looks has distinction. Its engine is as docile in city streets as it is fast on the open road... I particularly liked the new steering which is light, positive, self-centring and free from road shocks. It corners like a racing car yet the springing with extra long torsion bars for the independent front suspension gives a delightfully smooth ride.' ? Courtenay Edwards, writing about the new Jaguar Mark V in the Daily Mail.
Jaguar Cars - as William Lyons' SS concern had been re-named in 1945 - commenced post-war production with a range of essentially pre-war designs while at the same time developing what would become known as the Mark V. A considerable improvement on what had gone before, the Mark V saloon's cruciform-braced chassis featured torsion bar independent front suspension, designed pre-war by the company's Chief Engineer William Heynes, and all-round hydraulic brakes. Jaguar's existing Standard-based, six-cylinder, overhead-valve engine was continued in both 2½- and 3½-litre forms in the Mark V, whose bodywork likewise maintained the pre-war tradition, though with minor up-dating in the form of faired-in headlamps, deeper bumpers, and rear wheel spats. Like its immediate predecessor, the Mark V was available in saloon or drophead coupé versions and featured the kind of luxuriously appointed interior that had become a Jaguar hallmark. The announcement of Jaguar's first new generation post-war saloon - the Mark VII - at the 1950 Motor show signalled the end for the Mark V, production ceasing in June 1951 after slightly fewer than 10,500 had been built.
This particular Mark V saloon was purchased on 30th October 2013 from one Roger Knight, its owner since May 2004. Previously, 'EVT 962' had been owned by one David Sweetmore of Nantwich, Cheshire, who bought it in January 2001. Restored at date unknown, the car is offered with a large history file containing an old-style logbook, a quantity of expired MoTs and tax discs, sundry invoices, assorted correspondence, and a V5 registration document. The provision of flashing indicators is the only notified deviation from factory specification.