1955 Austin-Healey 100

Zusammenfassung

  • Baujahr 
    1955
  • Chassisnummer 
    BN1/224408
  • Losnummer 
    365
  • Lenkung 
    LHD
  • Zustand 
    Used
  • Zahl der Sitze 
    2
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Other
  • Antrieb 
    2wd
  • Kraftstoff 
    Petrol

Beschreibung

1955 Austin-Healey 100 Two-Seat Roadster
Registration no. MMW 862
Chassis no. BN1/224408

Austin-Healey was formed in 1952 as a collaboration between the Austin division of the British Motor Corporation (BMC) and the Donald Healey Motor Company which produced high quality sporting cars. Both companies were keen to tap into the growing market post-World War 2 for new sports cars which was developing both at home and overseas, especially in the USA. The first car resulting from the collaboration was introduced in 1953 and badged as the Austin-Healey 100.

Mechanical components where sourced wherever possible from Austin, including the 2,660cc four cylinder engine used in the A90 Atlantic. Three speed transmission with overdrive on second and top gears was fitted, and under test a top speed of 106mph was reached. The cars were assembled in the Austin factory at Longbridge with bodywork being supplied by Jensen at nearby West Bromwich. The Austin-Healey 100 together with the subsequent Austin-Healey 100-6 and then 3000 came to be known collectively as 'Big Healeys' to distinguish them from the smaller-engined Austin-Healey Sprite.

This car was built in 24 February 1955 to Right Hand Drive specification for the Home Market, and finished in Old English White with red trim. The vendor – a committed Austin-Healey enthusiast and Club member – states that the car was purchased as a 'basket case' in October 1990 and then underwent a seven year restoration during which time it was uprated to M specification with louvered bonnet, larger carburettors, airbox and inlet manifold, uprated camshaft and anti-roll bar. The car was professionally finished in two pack paint in its original colour scheme and is described as having 'exceptional panel fit' resulting in it winning 'Best 100' at the Healey Drivers Club International Meeting in May 2000. The chassis, bodywork and paintwork are all described as being in excellent condition, with interior and transmission very good. Electrics are all in working order with a new wiring loom fitted during restoration, and the engine was rebuilt 11,000 miles ago.

This most handsome British classic is supplied with all-weather equipment to include hood, side-screens and tonneau; sundry spares; and paperwork to include UK V5C, old style Log Book, BMIHT Heritage Certificate and restoration bills.