- In the same ownership since 1963
- Chain of ownership well documented
- Rare and authentic CGSs
- No reserve
The particularity of this car is that it has been in the hands of the same owner since 1963, and the full chain of ownership (10 in all!) is known, what is truly exceptional for this type of car. Documents attesting this will of course come with the car, including the sale agreement, a freight bill and a repair bill from 1963.
This Amilcar was sold new and registered in the name of Francisco Fernandez de Retana Vitoria (from the Spanish Basque region) in October 1927. It features all the characteristics of the CGSs version: high-capacity oil sump, short wheelbase, large diameter brake drums (27cm), flat brake control rods at the front, lower and slender body It has undergone a restoration in 1963, to participate to the Madrid-Benidorm-Alicante-Madrid rally. It was at this period that the wooden structure of the body has been replaced by a metal structure. An electric fan has been added. It is devoid of an electric starter, which means that to start it, you need to crank. A dynamo has been adapted on a plate above the engine (mounting adopted on other models, such as the Amilcar M). The car was not used for nearly 30 years and stored in the garage of the owner, and we can see that the mechanicals is not blocked, the instrumentation of the dashboard is complete and the state of preservation is rare for an Amilcar CGSs. The vehicle will nevertheless need to be fully overhauled and serviced.
The production run was very limited (984 units produced between 1927 and 1929, according to Gilles Fournier's book) and authentic CGSs survivors are rare, while the replicas or cars reconstructed from parts of various origins are more common.
It's the sportiest of the four-cylinder models and most sought-after from the range of this famous cyclecars builder.