Coys Auction - Techno Classica Essen
Saturday 10 April 2010
Admission by catalogue only - admits two.
Registration Number: EU Registered Chassis Number: TBA
The AC motor car enjoyed a remarkable transformation from its cyclecar days to the Ace and Aceca sports cars of the 1950s. In 1913, alongside the Sociable three-wheeler there appeared a new design, a four-wheeled light car with French Fivet engine. Few were built, however, as engine supplies became difficult. For 1914, it was joined by a smaller four-wheeler, using the Sociable’s engine in the front.
After the Great War, AC turned to British Anzani for engines, building a 10 hp four-cylinder car. AC co-founder John Weller, however, was working on a new overhead-cam six, put into production in 1922. Of 1,991 cc displacement, it would remain in the catalogue until 1963. During this time, its output grew from 40 bhp to 103. Anzani-engined fours, however, continued in production until 1928.
A lack of modernisa