• Sophisticated Faro Basso from the first half of the 1950s
• Professionally restored and used only for gatherings
• ASI Certified
The Vespa was born from Piaggio after World War II, when the Company was forbidden to resume the construction of aircraft due to restrictions imposed by the Allies. Wishing to introduce an economical, easy-to-use and widespread means of transport, Enrico Piaggio commissioned Engineer Corradino d'Ascanio to build a scooter. After several prototypes, the final version of the Vespa was conceived, the 98, which was immediately an overwhelming success.
Introduced in 1948, the Vespa 125 was a revolution compared to the 98/4 of the previous year. Equipped with a new, more powerful engine, it was characterised by the possibility of the latter to oscillate freely, thus reducing vibrations. The 1954 version of the 125 differs from the 1953 version due to the changes made to the electrical system, which were made to make it possible to use the position light required by road traffic regulations. The 1954 version of the 125 does not differ substantially from the previous versions for performance and aesthetic factor and considers the side bags and mudguard in aluminium.
This 1954 model, equipped with the passenger seat and optional spare wheel, has been restored in recent years and was ASI registered in 1998. Purchased by the current owner in 1996, it was rarely used in past years and has always been kept with the utmost care and impeccably maintained.