Announced in September 1952, the NSU Max used a pressed-steel frame and leading-link front fork, but its most unusual feature was the Albert Roder-designed 'Ultramax' connecting-link drive for the engine's single overhead camshaft. Quick for a 250 (top speed was 75-80mph) and endowed with exceptional handling thanks to its superior cycle parts, the Max could show many a larger machine the way home over twisty terrain. Reliable, well engineered and superbly finished, the Max was one of the finest European motorcycles of its time and today is worthy of inclusion in any serious collection. This Max was imported in 2014. We are advised that it was restored that same year, including a professional engine rebuild. Presented in 'showroom' condition, the machine is offered with sundry restoration invoices, NSU OC dating letter, and a V5C registration document.