Having conquered the world during the early 1960s by producing millions of 'step-thru' mopeds based on it original C100 Super Cub of 1958, Honda went on to expand greatly its range of similarly utilitarian machines. Introduced in 1966, the P50 (also known as the P25) represented a complete break from the Super Cub concept, mounting its 49cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine within the rear wheel assembly an idea first tried during the 'Veteran' period. BSA's 'Winged Wheel' was similar in layout and Honda itself had offered a 'clip-on' of this type (the F model Cub) back in 1952, though both of those had been two-strokes. Producing a giddy 1.2bhp at 4,200rpm, the P50 was capable of a top speed of 25mph. In the UK, the Honda P50 and its ilk are supported by The National Autocycle and Cyclemotor Club, which caters for enthusiasts of cyclemotors, autocycles, mopeds and small motorcycles.
This particular Honda P50 still carries the sticker of the supplying dealer, G Visenzi Motomarket, the first Honda dealership to be established in the Italian city of Brescia. Finished in Night Blue, the machine is described as totally original, complete and in generally excellent condition. There are no documents with this Lot.