A development of the 350cc B31, the 500cc B33 was manufactured from 1947 to 1960. The engine closely followed B31 lines but with larger (85mm) bore and heavier flywheels. Cycle parts were identical apart from a larger-section rear tyre. Produced initially with rigid frame and telescopic forks, the B33 was available from 1949 with optional plunger rear suspension and switched to a swinging-arm frame, along with the rest of the range, in 1954. A good, solid, all-round performer by the standards of its day, the B33 could top 80mph, cruise comfortably all day at 70mph and return in excess of 70mpg. This incomplete example's frame and engine numbers indicate that the former was made for the 1956 model year and the latter for 1950. There are no documents with this Lot, which is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed.