1935 BSA Bikes Other
Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden.
1935 BSA 348cc Blue Star Motorcycle Combination
Registration no. BXM 584
Frame no. 140
Engine no. B6 125
Desirable Blue Star sports model
Single family ownership since 1970
In storage for the last 39 years
During the 1930s BSA concentrated on producing a range of dependable, well-made, competitively priced motorcycles. Its contemporary advertising slogan: 'One in Four is a BSA', reflected the Birmingham-based company's status as the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer. In 1927 BSA had introduced the influential 'Sloper' - so called because its inclined cylinder - starting a trend that saw many of its rivals launch similar machines. Nevertheless, models with vertical cylinders continued to form part of BSA's extensive range, outliving the Sloper when the fashion for inclined cylinders faded. The Depression of the early 1930s forced a cut back in the number of models, just ten being offered for 1932. Among these though, were three new 500s, one a sidevalve and two with overhead valves, all of which shared a common bottom end and the 85x88mm bore/stroke dimensions that would characterise all BSA's 500cc singles, including the legendary Gold Star, right up to the beginning of the unitary construction era in the 1960s. The sports version was given the name 'Blue Star', a title that was also applied to the equivalent 250 and 350 models. All featured engines having vertical cylinders and magneto ignition carried in conventional cycle parts with rigid frames and girder front forks. The Blue Star models came with a tuned engine incorporating a high-compression piston and 'hotter' cams, twin-port cylinder head and a four-speed foot-change gearbox. Originally an optional extra, a full electric lighting system became standard equipment for 1934.
This Blue Star combination has been in single family ownership since 1970, having been purchased from one Phillip Manning of Ewell, Surrey, who had acquired it in 1939. Last MoT'd in 1976, the BSA has been in dry storage since then and will require re-commissioning and the customary safety checks before returning to the road. Accompanying documentation consists of an old-style continuation logbook (1951), the 1970 purchase receipt, two expired MoTs, a quantity of old tax discs and a V5C registration document. The machine also comes with instruction manuals and a 1936 range brochure.