When introduced in 1928, the first two-stroke from BSA featured a single-cylinder engine with an overhung crankshaft housed in a bolted up frame; unusually for the period, the gearbox was built in unit with the engine. Lightweight tubular girder forks and a sprung saddle provided a degree of rider comfort that was adequate for their role, while a carrier was fitted as standard. Although cheap to buy, the model did not prove popular and was dropped from the range at the end of 1930. It would be another 17 years before BSA introduced another two-stroke: the Bantam. An older restoration, this matching-numbers example was purchased at Brooks' Beaulieu Sale in July 1999 (Lot 156). Little used in recent years, the machine will require re-commissioning before returning to the road. Accompanying paperwork consists of the original buff logbook, and old-style continuation logbook, and an old-style V5C document.