With its heavyweight B32 and B34 models becoming increasingly un-competitive, BSA had begun developing a trials version for the lightweight C15 '250' roadster in the late 1950s, before the latter's official launch. The trials C15 made its official debut at the start of the 1959 season when Jeff Smith secured a remarkable victory in the St David's Trial. Smith followed this up with wins in the Scott and Perce Simon events, and at the season's end the model was offered to customers for 1960 'as ridden by the works'. In production form the C15T incorporated many design compromises that were not inflicted on the works bikes, which continued their run of success throughout the 1960 season. The following year, experiments began with bikes using the 343cc B40 engine in the C15T frame, one such prototype winning the Scottish Six Days 350cc cup in 1963 courtesy of Jeff Smith.
Registered on 1st January 1960, this C15T Trials was extensively restored during 2013/2014 by the well respected Ken Lewis of the Welsh Trials Club. Owned by the vendor for the last couple of years, it has been kept on display and is presented in commensurately good condition. The machine is offered with sundry restoration invoices, VMCC certification, V5C registration document, and photocopies of an old-style continuation logbook listing various owners during the 1960s.