BSA's 'C' range of lightweights was introduced in 1938. Similar in many ways to those of the larger 'B' range, whose wheels and brakes were employed, the cycle parts consisted of a simple diamond frame and girder front fork. First model was the C10 sidevalve single with coil ignition and three-speed hand-change gearbox. A de luxe C10 with foot-change gearbox joined the range in 1939, as did the overhead-valve C11. When the C10 re-appeared after the war, the girder fork was replaced by a telescopic unit in mid-1946 and part way through 1949 an alloy cylinder head was adopted. The model ran on as the up-dated C10L, with alternator electrics, plunger rear suspension and four-speed gearbox, until 1957. The example offered here consists of a frame manufactured circa 1952 and an engine dating from around 1948. There are no documents with this Lot, which is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed. No reserve.