Announced in September 1946, the A7 was BSA's first production parallel twin. The engine was extensively revised for 1951 along the lines of the newly introduced Bert Hopwood-designed A10 650, and then in 1954 BSA's twins range was greatly expanded with the arrival of four new models featuring swinging-arm rear suspension. The introduction of the new duplex frame meant that the original A7's bolted-up gearbox had to go, but otherwise the engine remained much as before, though the new sports 500 - the A7 Shooting Star - featured an alloy cylinder head and detachable inlet manifold. With 32bhp on tap, the A7SS was good for a top speed in excess of 90mph. Production of all A7 models ceased with the introduction of the unitary construction A50 in 1962. The current vendor bought this A7 earlier this year having seen it advertised in his shop window! The BSA had been the subject of a 'last nut and bolt' restoration carried out the previous year (2014) but there are no related bills with it. Presented in generally very good condition, the machine is offered with a V5C registration document. Radial tyres and a gel battery are the only notified deviations from factory specification.