19/04/2005 Bristol’s Saloon Car Range for 2005 59 years of car manufacture in England
Bristol Cars' latest saloons "remain refreshingly free of fashionable but worthless gadgets. For example we do not fit a separate starter button - we gave that up 46 years ago."
The company is also proud that it has no "# harsh run-flat 40 series tyres, unfathomable computerised command and control system, massaging seats with computer controlled side bolsters, nor disobedient computerised transmission".
On the other hand, the "car starts immediately with a simple twist of the key. It has comfortable and durable 60 series tyres that will last a long time and are inexpensive to replace. They also grip well in all weather conditions. Should you have a puncture, a full-sized spare wheel ensures that you can complete your travels in comfort whatever your intended speed and distance. Our traditional switches are labelled in English or the language of your choice. If they or the systems they operate should ever fail, they can be repaired cheaply and simply by any competent repair man. Our seats are likewise of traditional design, beautifully shaped, hand trimmed and amongst the most comfortable ever fitted to a motorcar. Our transmission has reliable mechanical controls. If you select first gear at 40 mph that is what you will get until you, not a computer decide otherwise.
"Real enthusiasts seem to relish the fact that our cars have genuine character, integrity and charm. They appreciate that they are different for very good reasons. The longer you own a Bristol, the more you will tend to love it. Such virtues can not be obtained elsewhere.&
The updated Blenheim range for 2005 consists of three models:
Blenheim 3 - Providing dignified express travel for four six-foot persons and their luggage as always.
Blenheim 3G - As above but can be fuelled on either petrol or LPG. Huge range and operating economy equivalent to a diesel; yet with superior silence and smoothness. Advanced LPG system provides seamless and simple operation.
Blenheim 3S - A development of the normal saloon providing genuinely sporting performance, with enhanced handling, roadholding and brakes. Torque to weight ratio is superior even to rivals with turbocharged engines. The ultimate ‘Q’ car.
Changes to all 3 and 3G models in 2005 are as follows:
* 225/60 x16 tyres (previously 215/70 x15).
* 16" 5 spoke alloy wheels improve appearance and increase airflow across the brakes by 26%.
* 2" wider rear track further enhances roadholding, stability and visual appeal.
* Revised engine computer for enhanced smoothness and fuel economy.
* Larger four piston brake callipers and improved brake pads for longer life and even better fade resistance.
* Uprated front springs for crisper handling.
* Revised dampers providing greater body control in fast driving with reduced small bump harshness around town.
* Rotary ventilation controls for more precise adjustment.
* Wood veneer door cappings and matching wood trim over air-conditioning console for more club-like interior feel.